Voting Resources for Staff and Faculty
Tufts University has made an institutional commitment to ensuring that all members of our community are ready and able to vote in the 2020 election. Below, you'll find important information and resources for staff and faculty at every school to help them inform and encourage students to participate in democracy—and to register and vote themselves!
- Voting Leave Policy: Recognizing an employee’s right to exercise their right to vote in local, state and/or national elections, Tufts University has an employee Voting Leave Policy, adopted on December 10, 2018, which can be found here. Read the policy here
- Tufts TurboVote: All Tufts employees, as well as students, can use this resource provided by Tisch College to register to vote, request absentee ballots and/or to sign up for text alerts so that you do not miss important deadlines: Go to Tufts TurboVote
- Class Resources for Faculty: This Tufts Box file includes many resources for faculty and staff to incorporate into their virtual and hybrid classes, such as Zoom and Canvas resources, PowerPoint slides to download, voter registration materials and helpful links. Explore the resources
- Supporting Students: The Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service office has created a guide for staff and faculty who want to support students throughout the 2020 election. Read the guide
- JumboVote, a student group supported by Tisch College, recommends that Election Day be added to all school/department calendars and suggests that exams not be scheduled on Election Day. Explore the JumboVote site